Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Start anew, 2018! 1st to 3rd jan


This is the third day of 2018, writing this at the start of 10:16PM...

I wanted to try blogging last year, yet before I even start I already slack off LOL. I guess to keep myself going, I will blog without too much description, most importantly cut straight to the point!

To sum up year 2017, it was exactly a very smooth-sailing year, full of ups-and-downs. But there were a few first in my life in this year. It's a love-hate year.

I pretty much hate the fact that my grandmother got a minor stroke which then escalated to make a part of her brain dead, the incident happened around April 2016/2017 (oh crap, I can't remember the year, because every time it feels like this illness was all a nightmare.) I can remember vividly her chatty-self and the positive air around her, i really miss that part of her. Inside of me, I am glad that I always made it a point every two weeks or so, to visit her since young. Even more frequently after she gotten a leg infection which troubled her for almost a year in 2014. I remembered my family wanted to bring her to Taiwan for travel, alas this never happened because of that wound. Then she gotten this stroke which totally changed her life and our life. To make it worst, she had poor vision, and blind to the right eyes (long story). Sigh, she is such a strong-willed and beautiful person inside-out, I can only pray everyday for her good health and safety. She's all we have.

I worked part-time and also worked on my portfolio for school-admission most of the half year in 2017, glad I had always saved and try not to spend a lot, this helped me during the other half of the year. I travelled to Japan for the first time in June for 8 days, totally amazed by everything I see. I just love everything. I finally met Mayu, Yukirin and other idol members of the same group; really worth all the money and time! Once in my lifetime, because Mayu announced her graduation two weeks after we went back Singapore. Damn... really glad the clique made up the mind to go although we have much troubles or worries later on. LOL. Oh well, that's life.

Gotten into Uni successfully in July, everyone in my class seems okay, quite easy to get along with. Also glad to meet some who are willing to teach or guide me, I am kinda the burden rofl. We went to Australia (Melbourne) for our school trip in November for two weeks. Going there was a first for me as well. Living there for two weeks exposed me to their daily life and culture. Kinda cool. Love the cafe culture and relaxing pace of life even though it's the CBD area. (Yes it's busy but at least it's bustling with life.)

Oh and during October, it was cool to work for a tennis tournament for about two weeks. It helped me to 'see the world', and I met many international championship players because of that. Kinda cool too!

These are sorta the highlights in 2017. See...this is how poor my memory is, I will also try to write whenever I can remember a certain part of my memory.

- - - - -

It's the third day....Just finished watching Your Name on TV, it's nostalgic because of the story-line and quite memorable because my first time watching it was taking the ANA flight to Japan! My very first Japan trip! (ah I mentioned it already.) Did nothing much today, lol and I have yet to come out with a design to show the branding team tomorrow, sigh another day of tolling.

On first day of 2018, spent the moment being worried and anxious because this is the 2nd day grandma stayed in the hospital, the condition suppose to stabilise but she didn't look good after the feeding time, she started to pant a lot and can't breath well.

She was hospitalised on 30th Dec due to too much phlegm in her lungs, the maid said she didn't look that good after starting to cough very hard, the maid then called for the ambulance after making a call to my uncle's wife.

Things seems better on the New Day of the year, thanks heaven...sigh what a big relief. On the New Day, we went to eat breakfast before going to the hospital to see grandma. So spent most of the afternoon just to keep accompany along with other relatives.

She got discharged on the 2nd Jan, and recuperating at home. Actually went for 'training' to recall how to do installation works, could have worked if these installation days is within December lol :)